It's Mother's day today in Sweden. I sent my mom a "Happy Mother's day" card on Wednesday, hopefully it got there in time!
To celebrate Mother's day, but without a mother present to celebrate with, I made "real American" pancakes for breakfast.
I used to make these pancakes for brekkie almost every weekend when I was younger. Don't know how I managed to stay so slim back then.....
Makes about 10
3 3/4 dl flour
1 ½ tsp baking POWDER
2 tbsp sugar
60 g melted butter
2 ½ dl milk
pinch of salt
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Crack the eggs into the flour mixture.
3. Pour in the melted butter and the milk.
4. Mix thoroughly to dissolve any lumps.
5. Set to rest for 20 minutes.
6. Add a tiny nob of butter to a medium to high heated pan. Use about ½ dl of batter for each pancake. Do not flip the pancakes until small bubbles appear on the surface. Stack the cooked pancakes on a plate, cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep them warm.
7. Serve with strawberry jam.