Wednesday 27 May 2009

Lazy girl's Paella

I am starting to hate this diet we are on... All we get to eat is chicken and rice, and ground meat and whole wheat pasta... It's starting to bore me stiff. I long for some fish, some meat that is not ground to a disgusting-looking mess, and lo and behold, potato. I normally hate potatoes, I hate the texture and how it doesn't really taste of anything, and just seems to grow in my mouth into a disgusting mash... Maybe this is due to too many over-boiled potatoes in Swedish school cafeterias? The only kinds of potatoes I like are, mashed potatoes, oven-roast potatoes, and new potatoes, but only the small new potatoes. I love new potatoes, especially how we eat them in Sweden during the summer months, boiled with a few twigs of dill tossed into the water, served with a side of sour cream and chopped chives. YUM! Try it!

Yesterday I made what I have chosen to call "Lazy girl's Paella". It was really easy and went down a treat, most of my foods seems to go down a treat, which I guess is pretty awesome, come to think of it!


Here's how you make
"Lazy girl's Paella"
- diet version (with a cheat as no Paella is complete without some seafood)
Serves 2

140 g cooked rice
8 raw tiger prawns, peeled and de-veined
1 large chicken breast, cut into bit-size pieces
½ onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 pinch saffron, I don't want to call what I used Saffron though. Even though it said saffron on the packet, it was more like something coloured orange with food colour.
½ dl water, or vegetable stock
1 dl frozen peas
lots of frozen broccoli
1-2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
chili salt, pepper

1. Sauté the onion and garlic in a hot pan. Add the bits of chicken (seasoned with chili salt and pepper) saffron and water/stock.

2. When most of the water/stock has evaporated and the chicken seems almost done, add the vegetables, rice and prawns and stir through so everything mixes well. At this point, lower the heat just a tiny bit and leave the paella until the rice has formed a fine crust at the bottom of the pan, just like on an authentic paella.

Sprinkle with some chopped parsley and serve.

Enjoy!

På svenska:
En lat flickas Paella

Nu finns även dessa recept på svenska:

1 comment:

Hanna said...

Hej Lazy girl!
Här går man in på din sida i hopp om att få dagens tips, nehe.. samma som jag läste igår. Jamal hälsar att det blir väl ingen mat idag då ;) Lazy-girl, updates please!

Puss o kram