Sunday 31 May 2009

Another BBQ

To celebrate the long weekend, yay for Pentecost(!), we decided to have another BBQ last night. It was just the two of us, but that didn't stop me from cooking up a small feast of goodies from the kitchen.

Rocket salad, with home grown rocket. Also made a vinaigrette from 1 part balsamico, 3 parts olive oils, splash of lemon juice, salt & pepper.

Grilled potatoes. I actually bought these ready made, and to tell you the truth the weren't all that tasty. The potatoes were very hard, even after 30 minutes on the grill, the instructions read 20-25 min. I am trying the second packet today, but instead of putting them on the grill, I'm oven roasting them.
(Can report that the potatoes weren't all that much better when done in the oven. I'm definitely staying clear off store bought roast potatoes).

Pepper marinated pork fillet. I simply put the pork fillets in a plastic bag, poured in about 4 tbsp ground black pepper, and let them marinate for 4 hours in the fridge.

No comments: