Tuesday 12 May 2009

Ice tea and shrimps

It was a beautiful day yesterday. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and the cat enjoyed himself in the sunshine trying to catch butterflies. I only thought about my blog. I don't know why, or how it came to this, but I am slightly obsessed with my blog. I think about it 24/7, what can I do to improve it, how can I reach more people, what recipes to put on... and yeah, just about anything imaginable...

Anyway, I think I drank about 1 litre ice tea yesterday. I wish I had made it myself, but the truth is that they had 2for1 at the supermarket on Lipton Ice Tea powder. Before last year I had never really had a lot of ice tea. But living in the US (Muncie, IN) for 6 months introduces you to all kinds of stuff you have never really tried before. I love ice tea, does anyone have instructions on how to make it at home?


To celebrate the good weather we had shrimps for dinner. I love shrimps and consider myself a little bit of an expert on peeling and eating shrimps. For as long as I can remember I have always loved shrimps, and I can still remember very clearly going to Strömstad, Sweden, each summer with my family for dad's military camp training-thingy. All the families at the camp met for a an evening of entertainment and shrimps each year! And I always ate the most out of everyone. Once the military camp had a group of German army-people visiting, and for some reason the Germans did not eat their shrimp, so they gave theirs to me... I was in heaven- yum!


Beautiful shrimps!

We peeled the shrimp, put them in freshly baked baguette. I had made herb-butter (oregano, chili salt, spring onion and garlic),
and lemon mayo. It was delicious!


I am saving the prawn shells in the freezer for a rainy day.
My plan is to make my own prawn stock. I have had this
idea for quite some time now, but the other week I threw out
2 bags of shells when I did not have room in the freezer for
something else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read the subject line I thought for a moment that you had invented some new dish with ice tea and shrimps... I wouldn't put it past you, though! :P

sanna w said...

hej söta rara! vilken fin blogg du har! kramar