Friday 24 April 2009

Chili-salt

I first made this salt as a trial and error. Looking through my cupboards I realized I had a whole bunch of dried chilies and a lot of rock salt that I did not quite know how to finish. Then I thought, why not combine the two? I did, and it was a big hit. I use is on my kettle made popcorn, a nice twist to my Friday treat.



Chili-salt

2 dried chili
½ dl table salt

Crush and grind the chili into a chunky powder, using a pestle and mortar. Add the salt and combine until the salt is a fine powder.

Store in an air-tight container.

Thai variation

2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp salt
1-2 fresh chili

Grind all ingredients in an pestle and mortar into a chunky powder. The fresh chilies will give the mix a pink-orange colour.

Sprinkle on fresh fruit and enjoy!

- As seen on Chez Pim

No comments: