Yet another recipe I found in a food magazine- don't you just love food magazines?!
I made this one Saturday as a treat for me and my boyfriend, and it was truly yummilicious. We scored it 5 out of 6.
Pesto-marinated pork tenderloin with baked potatoes
700 g pork tenderloin
4 tbsp pesto
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 over-sized potatoes
1. Heat oven to 250 C. Wash and dry the potatoes. Prick with a fork to allow steam to escape. Put on a tray into the oven and cook for 1 hour. Take out, cut in half, or make a jacket potatoe, and add a knob butter, allowing it to melt.
2. Marinate the pork tenderloin in pesto for at least 10 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan and brown the tenderloin on all sides.
4. Place the tenderloin in an ovenproof dish. With a meat thermometer in the center of the tenderloin, cook in a 180 C oven for 15 min. For a pink center allow the pork to get to 70 C, and for a well-done pork allow it to heat to 76 C, taking it out when it is 5 degrees lower. You can also fry it in the pan for 20 minutes, checking it is done by cutting into the meat ensuring the meat juices run clear. Either way, allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes, it will now continue to cook to the desired temperature and will also release some of its juices.
5. Cut into half an inche slices and serve with the potatoes and a salad.