Monday 7 September 2009

Banana cake



My boyfriend's parents threw him a birthday party for the family on Saturday, and I just felt I couldn't show up empty-handed. Being the foodie I am I decided to bake a cake- a banana cake.

Banana cake
Adapted from Leila Lindholm in Leila bakar

1 dl caster sugar
2 dl powdered sugar
150 g soft butter
3 ripe bananas
2 eggs
3 dl all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
0.5 tsp ground ginger
(50 g walnuts)

1. Heat your fan oven to 175° C.
2. Cream together the sugars and butter.
3. Mash the bananas, add to the buttermix. Combine. Add the eggs.
4. Sift in the dry ingredients and tip the walnuts into the mix, fold to combine.
5. Pour the banana cake mixture into a greased and floured 24 cm round cake pan.
6. Bake on the middle shelf for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy with a cup of coffee!

2 comments:

lisa is cooking said...

I love banana cakes, and this one sounds delicious with the cinnamon and ginger!

Anonymous said...

Åh, den må jeg prøve meg på :D

Elisabeth Andine :)